Tuesday: 11am – 6pm
Wednesday: 11am – 8pm
Thursday: 11am – 6pm
Friday: 11am – 6pm
Saturday: 12pm – 5pm
Sunday: 12pm – 5pm
Peter Higdon Research Centre
The Research Centre is opened to the public Monday through Friday from 10am – 5pm. To arrange an appointment and for information on how to access to the collection, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that while the gallery is open on May 18, the Research Centre will be closed.
33 Gould St. Toronto ON
M5B 1W1 Canada
Getting Here by TTC:
The Toronto transit system offers numerous options that provide easy access to the Ryerson Image Centre:
• Dundas Subway Station is located one block southwest of the RIC
• Dundas Street streetcars travel east and west, one block south of the RIC
Getting Here by Car:
By Car, drive to Dundas Street, between Yonge and Church Streets. Turn north onto Victoria Street. There is a Ryerson University parking lot approximately half way up the street, at which point Victoria is closed for pedestrian access only. Turn left to access the lot. The Ryerson Image Centre is opposite Lake Devo, directly across from the pedestrian half of Victoria street.
There is also a Green P parking lot on the South Side of Yonge and Dundas square here.
The museum is wheelchair accessible.
Admission to the RIC is free, thanks to our support from Ryerson University, corporate sponsors and generous donors.
Learn more on a guided tour! The RIC offers guided exhibition tours to organized groups and individuals during gallery hours. Participate in a guided walkthrough of the current exhibitions and have an insightful exchange with one of our knowledgeable docents.
Daily Drop-In Tours
When? Tuesday – Sunday at 2:30pm
How much? FREE!
Do I need to book a tour? No reservation required! Tours meet in the Great Hall of the Ryerson Image Centre.
Tours can be arranged for secondary and post-secondary school groups, special interest societies, parents and their families, tourists or other organized groups. These 40-minute guided tours of our current exhibitions are available anytime during gallery hours. They include lively group discussion as well as time for an activity or assignment if needed. Fill out this form to book a tour.
Have you been on a tour at the RIC previously? Let us know what you thought!
- Offered Tuesday – Sunday
- All tours, events and exhibitions are free
- Tours meet in the Great Hall of the Ryerson Image Centre
What to Expect
- On arrival you’ll be greeted by gallery staff that will welcome you to the gallery and help store your personal belongings (coats, bags and/or backpacks)
- On the tour, our expert docents will offer a guided walkthrough of the exhibitions on view sharing knowledge and facilitating conversation
- Groups are limited to approximately 25 guests maximum. For larger groups, additional staff and volunteers will assist with organization and touring.
- Tours last approximately 40-minutes
- Flash-free photography inside the exhibitions while on your tour is encouraged!
- Share your photos with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @RICgallery, #RyersonImageCentre
- The RIC does not have a restaurant but we are nestled into a lively part of the downtown core where many options are available to you. Please see above for a map of our location or visit the Yonge and Dundas BIA website for restaurant info, attraction listings for and more.
Offered in conjunction with our current exhibitions. For an up-to-date schedule, please visit the events section of our website.