Toronto is in the 'Dish With One Spoon Territory’. The Dish With One Spoon is a treaty between the Anishinaabe, Mississaugas and Haudenosaunee that bound them to share the territory and protect the land. Subsequent Indigenous Nations and peoples, Europeans and all newcomers have been invited into this treaty in the spirit of peace, friendship and respect. Learn more about Toronto Metropolitan University's Land Acknowledgement.
33 Gould St. Toronto ON
M5B 1W1 Canada
Getting Here by TTC:
The Toronto transit system offers numerous options that provide easy access to the Ryerson Image Centre:
• Dundas Subway Station is located one block southwest of the RIC
• Dundas Street streetcars travel east and west, one block south of the RIC
Getting Here by Car:
By car, drive to Dundas Street, between Yonge and Church Streets. Turn north onto Victoria Street. There is a Toronto Metropolitan University parking lot approximately half way up the street, at which point Victoria is closed for pedestrian access only. Turn left to access the lot. The Ryerson Image Centre is opposite Lake Devo, directly across from the pedestrian half of Victoria street.
There is also a Green P parking lot on the South Side of Yonge and Dundas square here.
The museum is wheelchair accessible.
Admission to the RIC is free, thanks to our support from Toronto Metropolitan University, corporate sponsors and generous donors.
Learn more on a guided, private tour! Organized groups and individuals can participate in a guided walkthrough of the current exhibitions and have an insightful exchange with one of our knowledgeable docents.
Daily Drop-In Tours
Our daily docent-led tours are temporarily suspended.
Scheduled Group Tours
Guided tours can be arranged for private groups on Tuesdays when we will otherwise be closed to the public. Tours must be booked in advance by calling 416-979-5164 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to customize tours for specific group needs.
Have you been on a tour at the RIC previously? Let us know what you thought!
- Offered Tuesdays
- Must be booked in advance by calling 416-979-5164 or emailing email@example.com
- All tours, events and exhibitions are free
- Scheduled tours meet at the 33 Gould Street entrance
What to Expect
- Please come prepared with a mask or face covering
- On arrival you’ll be greeted by gallery staff that will welcome you to the gallery and answer questions;
- On the tour, our expert docents will offer a guided walkthrough of the exhibitions,sharing knowledge and facilitating conversation;
- To ensure physical distancing, groups are limited to a maximum of 12 guests. Tours last approximately 40-minutes;
- Flash-free photography inside the exhibitions while on your tour is encouraged!;
- Share your photos with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @RICgallery, #RyersonImageCentre;
- The RIC does not have a restaurant but we are nestled into a lively part of the downtown core where many options are available to you. Please see above for a map of our location or visit the Yonge and Dundas BIA website for restaurant info, attraction listings for and more.
Our curator-led tours are temporarily suspended.
Youth in Focus
Online photography workshops for youth in Toronto
Our Youth in Focus program provides free, customized workshops for community organizations and youth in the Toronto area. Now offered online, these sessions provide hands-on, photography-based activities that encourage critical thinking about our exhibitions and explorations of image-making and storytelling processes. By engaging with new, young audiences, the RIC aims to promote greater inclusivity, equity, and accessibility in a museum context.
To book a workshop, please contact our Outreach Programmer, soJin Chun, to discuss specific needs for your group: firstname.lastname@example.org.